Saturday 24 March 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 84

Day 84.

It was a very good day!! I drove Penny! My first time driving her and it was awesome! I was so scared but so excited! I did a wheelspin at one point, oops. I helped Chris from Simpson Autocare change a clutch on Suzie the Suzuki which was good as I have done a few of those and sort of know what I'm doing. That took a few hours after all the cups of tea and lunch. We took the exhaust off of Suzie as a few holes needed welding but as we discovered, Suzie needs a complete new exhaust. It was rusted all the way through. When Chris drove her out his workshop she sounds amazing without an exhaust on! I want to take Penny exhaust off although that will most likely cause more problems! 

After we had put Suzie back outside, I drove Chris to Chase Autos to see if we could pick up a cheap car with minimal damage. There was a Fiesta there that looked pretty simple and easy to do. Chris and I will have to look at how much parts are for it. I drove Penny for the first time on my own back from Simpson Autocare which was pretty awesome but I did feel like a little fish in a big pond. There were a few problem with beeps and flashing lights coming from the dashboard but I'm sure it will get sorted during the week. I won't mention the stalling and not being able to start her again.

My plan for this evening is to play Call of Duty with a friend and chill out for once this week.

Until tomorrow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment