Monday 9 January 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 9

Day 9 was fairly quiet and went really quick. Nothing interesting happened today, it was a normal day. I enjoyed all my lessons which is unusual for a Monday. My 1st lesson of the day was a btec sport lesson and it took me a while to wake up and focus on the what the teacher was talking about. Once that was finished I went to a science lesson and learnt some science stuff. Then onto maths then business studies before geography ended the school day. 

When I got home I started to watch Reservoir Dogs for the 1st time. I havn't finished it yet and what I saw of it I really enjoyed. But after an hour of it, I fell asleep and had a little 30 minute power nap and felt great afterwards. Lets hope I can sleep tonight!

I have a something to ask of my readers. I'm petrified of flying, and my family are going to America to visit family for a holiday in the summer. They went 2 years ago and went to New York and I didn't go because I am afraid of flying. They had such a wonderful time and I was left at home. I hate flying and even get scared just thinking about it and sometimes can't be in the same room as people who are talking about flying.

Could I be pursuaded to go even though I am so scared of flying? What would you do? I probably won't go as the fear is too much for me, but is there anyone who could help?

I think I'll finish on that note tonight. If you can offer advice then please do. 

Until tomorrow

Jim


1 comment:

  1. James, I was just reading about this topic so I have some advice for you!
    Quote
    Researchers have found that about forty percent of the things we worry about never happen. Thirty percent are in the past and can't be helped. Twelve percent involve the affairs of others that are not even our business. Ten percent relate to sickness, real or imagined. That means only eight percent of the things we worry about are even likely to happen! Scientists at Yale University have actually identified a 'worry gene.' But they say that while you may have inherited it, you can overcome it. Somebody has said that 'worry is just interest paid on trouble before it comes due.' And in most cases it never comes due. Think; when you worry, there's a ninety-two percent chance you're paying interest on a debt that's not even yours! How foolish is that? Take the fear of flying, for example. You would have to fly every day for nineteen thousand years before reaching the probability of being in a plane crash. Yet it is one of the six most feared causes of death. Someone has said that there are three hundred and sixty-five 'fear not's in the Bible - one for every day of the year. When you worry, you doubt God and give the devil an entry point into your life. How long have you been doing this? When are you going to stop it? Knowing that Abraham was leaving his comfort zone and his security base, God said, '..."Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward"' (Genesis 15:1 NIV). And today God's saying the same to you.
    Unquote
    It just might help you!
    Aunt Jacky

    ReplyDelete