Monday 23 January 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 23

Day 23.

After 10 hours sleep, I still didn't want to get up this morning. Its not the getting up that bothers me, its the waking up part. I know a lot of people are not 'morning people' but I am not one of those people, well maybe at the weekend.

So the past week, we have had our bathroom redecorated and had a new bath fitted. This has been an annoyance in the morning as I have not been able to shower properly. The new bath looks really good and is massive. Mum has been working really hard on the tiling and that has turned out really well.

Work was fun today and I didn't want my science lesson to end. Jen was teaching the class about alkali metals and how reactive they were. She did an experiment where she put a piece of Lithium, Sodium and Potassium in a bowl of water and the class watched what happened. Potassium was the best one to watch and soon some of the class asked what would happen if she put in the alkali metals which were more reactive. The class were a little disappointed when they were told it wasn't going to happen but the video she showed was good enough. Brainiac Alkali Metals is a link to the the first video and Alkali Metals: Explosive Reactions is a link to the second video. I recommend you watch them, there awesome. 
That was the highlight of work but I did have a Chinese for lunch and the prawn crackers were lovely.


When I got home, I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest. I started watching the films over the weekend and they are quality films. I think it makes pirates sound cool and hard working. Of the four Pirates of the Caribbean films, I dont have a favourite one but the Fountain of Youth is not the best one. Which Pirates of the Caribbean film is your favourite?


I watched 2 episodes of 24 season 6 with dad after dinner. We always watch it together and both love watching it. They are so detailed and just my kind of programme. 


Thats all for tonight.


Until tomorrow.


Jim

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the links being in black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the mention dude!! Science is awesome :)
    As for Priates of the Caribbean, I think I have to go for the first one - still love it now!!

    ReplyDelete