Tuesday 17 January 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 17

Day 17.

It was cold! I would say that I read the temperature from the thermometer in my car but my car doesn't work.

Work was quite fun today and it went really quick. Not a lot happened although in year 8 science about half the class were given C1s' and C2s' (verbal warnings) and 2 students were given C3s' (1 hour detention). Its a big class of about 30 students and about 15, maybe more, were on C1 and C2. I've seen 6 or 7 students given warnings in classes before but never any more.


When I got home, I played more Crash Bandicoot and then watched the star gazing programme on BBC2. It was fascinating to see the galaxy and everything in it in so much detail! I got lost in all its beauty and awe, I was quite humbled.


Now I find myself watching a programme called Playing God. Goats that create spiders silk and fermented yeast that gives off diesel not alcohol. It asks some intriguing questions about sustaining life and if it is morally right being able to create new bio-organisms in your own home.

Not a lot for today but heres a thought -

Should we be essentially growing for our increased needs if it means harming the environment around us?


Until tomorrow.


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment