Saturday 7 January 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 7

Day 7 and I noticed the amount of visits had gone up from 252 yesterday evening to 350 this evening. Almost 100 visits in 24 hours. I don't know about you but I find that amazing. Thank you so much everyone!

Today was my usual Saturday, wake up, wash, go to Simpson Autocare. My new turbo had been fitted on Penny the Peugeot and we started in anticipation that all would be fine.......not quite the case. She started almost fine, and ran almost ok, and kept ticking over, but there was a knocking sound in the engine (somewhere) so we got her back in the workshop after a few consultations, and stripped the engine down a bit. The first consultation was with Chris' brother over the phone about the knocking sound. He suggested it was the bottom end. I'm not too sure what that means but from the look on Chris' face it wasn't the best we could hope for. The 2nd consultation was with the mechanic next door, Martin. He thought it could be something to do with a leak in the cylinders or pistons (not sure which) or if the glow plugs are misfiring which could be (and fingers crossed is) causing the problem.
 I have been getting quite down about Penny and all the little things that have required fixing. First she wouldn't start, then found a broken oil sump and everything that needed replacing inside that, then the horn wouldn't work, then the turbo needed replacing and now the glow plugs need replacing as well. It seems like I brought a cursed car that will never get on the road! I do have faith in Chris though, and I know he will be able to get her up and running properly soon.

After I got back from the workshop, I had a bath and watched Jackass 2 (yes, at the same time) and this afternoon was awesome. My sister, Samantha, had ordered a Christmas present all the way back in December and it finally arrived today! How awesome!! A Sheldon bobble-head. Sheldon is a character from The Big Bang Theory and its one of my favourite TV shows.

 I read an awesome short story earlier, about a weekend in Essex. I wont go into details but if I get permission from the author to publish her work on my blog anytime soon then you can read it for yourself. It was a very good read.

Mum and dad had guests over for dinner this evening and they seemed to enjoy themselves which was nice for me, to see them entertaining others and doing a bloody good job of it!

Thats all for tonight, got a few things to sort out with some people.

Thanks ever so much for reading. I appreciate it.

Untill tomorrow

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment