Thursday 23 February 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 54

Day 55.

Another good day. I was extra clever this morning and let the alarm wake me up. The plan was to sleep until the alarm went off, which was a good plan last night and it was going so well until the alarm went off this morning.

Work was really quite fun and I only really had 3 out of 5 lessons. One of my lessons was a cover lesson and that was a doss lesson for the kids. I got quite a lot of abuse from 1 of the girls in my year 10 science class. I'm sure was meant in a jokey kind of way...... I seem to fit in well with the older classes and I know that all the students appreciate me being there giving the banter out. It makes the job enjoyable when you can have a laugh with the kids.
Period 4 was a sponcored run for 20 minutes and 12 seconds around the school fields. Year 8 were running in it and they were all amazing! They were all smiling and laughing, and running certainly beats being in a classroom for an hour. After their run they had a paralympic gold medal winner come and talk to them. The guy was called Dan Bentley. I'm not sure of his condition but he was a TRUE inspiration! He could bearly speak but gave such an encouraging speech, he could bearly control his limbs but gave a genuine round of applause to the year 8s and he wanted to be there to show his appreciation. A really humble man. I feel inspired by him to give it my all in the gym and on my bike because I have the full use of my body and I take it for granted. He has an olympic gold medal and has overcome obstacles that I hope I never have to overcome and I can just walk without thinking it. Seeing a true sports hero like that is amazing. I'm getting a little tearful thinking about it.

I did hit the gym after work and I didn't give it my all and I have no reason for it. Tomorrow I will push myself a lot harder! 

Its Jens birthday today, so happy birthday Jen, 21 (again) I believe. 


A fitting picture for tonights blog. A nobody in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy became a paralympic gold medal champion. Most of you have full use of your entire body. How great can you be?

Until tomorrow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment