Thursday 2 February 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 33

Day 33.

I said yesterday that an air ambulance came and landed in the school field and I was unsure as to why. Last year during the first half term, a year 7 boy sadly passed away as a result of a heart condition that was known as he had previously been ill at his primary school. The first time he collapsed, the air ambulance was called out to take him to hospital. Yesterday, his family presented a cheque to Essex and Herts Air Ambulance for over £2000. This had been raised through a non-uniform day, a cake sale and other charity events.

My day was a lot warmer than yesterday although I didn't want to get out of bed again. I was frozen when I got to work and I had PE first lesson out on the field with year 7. I thought ahead and put on my thermal cycling trousers again and had 4 layers of tops on. I was quite warm by the end of the lesson. I got involved with the football matched and I scored a goal. I did get out played on a few occasions by the year 7s which wasn't good. But while all the little year 7s moaned about the freezing cold, I laughed at them because I was warm. In food technology I made power cookies with the year 8s. Kids are so creative when they put their minds to it. I got given a few 'samples' to try and it would have been rude not to try them. The school day ended with yet another fantastic science lesson thanks to Jen. She did an experiment mixing a strong acid and a strong alkali making a rainbow effect of chemicals. It was awesome to watch and the class loved it. 

After work I went to Simpson Autocare to try and fix my poorly Penny. Chris and I succeded in getting done what we wanted to tonight which was to take the top of the engine off so we could remove a tiny bit of snapped off glow plug. It was pretty simple to do and really fun. I just hope we can get it all put back together pretty quick and get Penny the Peugeot up and running Saturday. 

Tomorrow is discussion day and I would like to get some input from my readers. So if you want me to talk about something or a variety of things then tweet me, facebook me or write a comment on here. I'm open to all suggestions.

Until tomorrow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment