Sunday 1 April 2012

New Year, New Blog - Day 92

Day 92. 

It was a very good day. The weather was beautiful, I wasn't tired and it was a pretty chilled out day. I was woken up by one of our chickens clucking very loudly and I rushed out the back to kindly ask her to be quiet and realised the time was 8.45. It might not seem like much of a lay in but it certainly was for me! Shortly after that I was on my way to grandads field to meet with family and we planned a big bonfire! There was loads of dry branches and  wood that needed to be burned so me and Jared were on the case! Unfortunatly we only had a small amound of petrol, 1 pint, but we made it last. Dad found some more petrol and I 'borrowed' some of it and chucked that on the fire. Next time, were going to try and make Molotov cocktails. 

When we got back, I had another cycling classic race to watch. The Tour of Flanders. Its the one race of the season that cyclists will want to win. It was a brand new course this year and it was equally as hard. Lots of cobbled sections made for an interesting race and it was full of crashes that made Fabian Cancellara retire from the race with a triple fracture to his collar bone. Another rider, Sebastian Langeveld was taken out by of the crowd and also broke his collar bone. It was a spectacular crash and he is very lucky not to have come away with anything more serious. It was a very good race and the winner was the favourite and local boy Tom Boonen. This was his 3rd win and that puts him in the record books. 

The usual routine followed from there. Call of Duty which I sucked at today and then to finish off the day was Star Wars. I'm going to watch them all in order. Maybe I'll watch the other 5 tomorrow.

Until tomorrow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment